Designation: Director, Institute of Criminology, Forensics and Security Studies
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
Private Bag, Dedan Kimathi
Contacts: Mobile No. +254713362963
Email : email@example.com
|Ph.D in Criminology & Private Law||Université De Pau et Des Pays De l’Adour (UPPA-France)||2012-2014|
|Masters Degree in Sociology (Criminology Minor).||Moi University, Eldoret (Kenya)||2005-2007|
|Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB)||Mt. Kenya University (Kenya)||2011-2014|
|Bachelors Degree in Sociology||Moi University, Eldoret (Kenya)||2000-2004|
Area of specialization
Criminology and Law
List of Publications
Book Chapters Published
- Nyachoti W.O., Kaguta R.J, (2015). Policing Public Order and Security Sector Reform in Post-Colonial Kenya, 1963-2013: Milestones, Challenges and Prospects in M. Kithinji and K. Jones Kenya After Fifty: History, Policy and Politics and Kenya After Fifty: Education, Gender and Sports. Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, USA.
List of Papers Published
- Ruth J. N. Kaguta “Counseling of Women in Selected Prisons in Kenya: The Practice, Challenges and Way Forward” in Kenyan Journal of Guidance, Counseling and Psychology Vol.5 No.1 (Nov.2015) ISSN 2226-0552.
- Ruth Joyce N. Kaguta. “Torture and Inhuman Treatment of Prisoners in Kenya: A Violation of Human Rights or Animal Rights?” Published by IJSST (International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow).Vol, Issue: 1.9 (2012). Available on http://ijsst.com/vol1_issue9.php.
- Ruth Joyce N. Kaguta. “An Analysis of the Unintentional But Inevitable Consequences of Imprisonment and How They Hamper The Process of Prisoners Reintegration Back to The Society” Published by International Journal of Literature, Linguistics & Interdisciplinary Studies Vol I, Nr.2,. ISSN 1857-8179 (Paper) ISSN 1857-8187 (Online) http://www.anglisticum.mk/Journal%20Issues.php (November, 2012 Issue Pg 120-125)
- Gakahu, N., and Kaguta, Ruth J. “Communicating HIV &AIDS Among Students in Kenya’s Institutions of Higher Learning: A Challenge for the 21st Century”. In Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development. ISSN 2222-1700 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2855 (Online www.iiste.org) Vol.2, No.4, 2011.
- Gakahu, N., and Kaguta, Ruth. J. “The Social Implications of A Global Culture To Africa: Kenya’s Case”. In Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development ISSN 2222-1700 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2855 (Online www.iiste.org) Vol. 2, No 4 (2011).
List of Books Published
- Kaguta Ruth Joyce N. (2011) “Socialization and Drug Abuse Among Students” VDM Verlag Dr Muller Gmbh& Co.KG Publishers. Germany: ISBN: 978-3-639-34112-6.
- Kaguta Ruth Joyce N. & Nambibia Isaac (2011) “Nomadic Pastoralists Participation in Community Development” VDM Verlag Dr Muller Gmbh & Co. KG Publishers. Germany: ISBN: 978-3-639-36627-8.
1.Classification of women in Prisons as a Recipe for Rehabilitation: Appraisal of the Kenya’s Practice, Challenges and Way Forward. A paper presented at the Criminology and Criminal Justice Conference held in United States International University on June 15-16th 2017
2.Voyaging from Saul to Paul among Female Inmates: Gender and Institutional Framework Appraisal in Kenya. A paper presented at the Criminology and Criminal Justice Conference held in United States International University on June 15-16th 2017
3.Education as Rehabilitation Strategy for prisoners in Kenya: Practice, Challenges and the Way Forward. A paper presented at the Criminology and Criminal Justice Conference held in United States International University on June 15-16th 2017
4.Use of Prisoners’ Labor: A Rehabilitative Illegality? (A paper presented at Gender and Social Protection in Kenya Conference, held at French Institute for Research Africa (IFRA) – Nairobi on February 20-21st 2014.
5.Alcoholism, Political Participation and the Kenyan Youths in the 2013 General Election (A Paper Presented at a conference on “Recent Elections in Eastern Africa” held at Universite` De Pau Et Des Pays De l’Adour in France on 22nd November, 2013.
6.UPPA/UPV-EHU Cross-Borders Doctorial Conference held between 14th to 18th October 2013 in Arantzazu Spain.
Assessing the Impact of Incarcerating Women offenders on Community Development in Kenya (A paper presented at a Conference on “Towards Achieving a Knowledge Economy Through Research and Innovation” Held at Mt Kenya University On 28th to 30th August 2013).
7.The Social Implications of a Global Culture to Africa: Kenya’s case (A paper presented at the International Conference on Africa, Globalization and Justice in Catholic University of Eastern Africa on 17th –19th May, 2006).
8.Sexual Violence against Women in Kenya: A Focus on Politics of Gender Power (A paper presented at Association Members Episcopal Conference of Eastern Africa, GABA Publications Centre, Eldoret in May 5th – 6th 2006).
9.A Conference on Effective Management held on 22nd – 24th January 2006 in Eldoret, with PERT International.
Post graduate Supervision
- Omwengi Josphine. Contributing Factors to Child Labour in Kiambu County. Graduated in 2013
- Nzii Susan: The Role of Cultural Diplomacy in International Relations: A Case of US-Kenya relations (yet to graduate at Moi University).
1.December 2016: Awarded as lecturer of the year in recognition for actively seeking opportunities that promote knowledge transfer and information sharing at Dedan Kimathi University of Technology in the year 2016.
2.September 2012: Awarded a 3 year Merit Sandwich Ph.D Scholarship by Government of France.
Consultancy work done
“Increasing Knowledge on Contributing Factors Predisposing Persons With Disability to Sexual and Gender Based Violence In Dadaab Refugee Camps”. Consultancy work with UNHCR and Handcaps International.