Designation: Assistant Lecturer
Institute: Institute of Criminology, Forensics and Security Studies
|Doctor of Philosophy Criminology||University of Nairobi||2015|
|Masters of Arts – Criminology and Social Order||University of Nairobi||2009-2011|
|Bachelors of Education- Arts||Kenyatta University||2003-2007|
Areas of Specialization
- Forensic Investigation
- Economic Crimes Investigation
- Risk Management
List of Publications
- Peer Reviewed
- Miano, D. (2015). Behavior and Lifestyle Changes as Fraud Indicators. A guide for certified fraud investigators. ISBN: 978-3-659-64793-2. Lambert publishers.
- Miano, D. and Zani, P. (2014). An Evaluation of Certified Fraud Examiners’ Perceptions of Behaviour and Lifestyle Change as Fraud Indicators. Research on Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol.4, No.17
- Miano, D. (2011). Proactive Fraud Detection and Deterrence: Efficacy of Initial Fraud Predication with the Focus on Behavioral Red Flags, Anti Corruption Research Network, Competition Paper, Berlin Germany.
- Miano, D. (2006). Impact on society through enculturation. World Bank essay competition.
- Security is a perception. [http://www.tuko.co.ke/201-sunday-long-read-security-perception.html]
- The Al Shabaab profile. [http://tuko.co.ke/7332-are-all-muslims-terrorists.html]
List of Conferences attended
- The First DeKUT International Conference On Science, Technology and Innovation, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, 4th – 7th November, 2014. Paper presented “The Need To Modernize Kenya Criminal Justice Processes”
- The First – Africa Criminology and Criminal Justice Conference, United States International University (USIU), Nairobi, Theme: Challenges in the Administration of Justice and Emerging Crimes in East Africa, June 15-17, 2017.
- The fight against economic crimes; A review of Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Legal Framework
- Lifestyle and Behavioral framework for Fraud Predication as a Predictive Policing Tool.
Dennis Miano is a contemporary criminologist and security enthusiast. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (C.F.E) and a finalist in both Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator (CHFI). He is the Head of Research Kenya Professional Society of Criminology and the lead Risk Consultant at Elite-Lodgit Limited.